Friday, August 15, 2008

For the Love of Heads

Here are a few examples of heads. I have always drawn faces. We have a cast iron, cast bronze, watercolor, oil paint, and ceramic. It did have a huge head made out of ties but the file is corrupted.

As a kid, I owned a great book called "People" by Peter Speir. It showcased different cultures throughout the world and celebrates our diversity. There were pictures of different noses, eyes, hair etc. It is still in my subconsciousness. Below is the Amazon link to the book.

I still draw those noses while I'm supposed to be paying attention. http://www.amazon.com/People-Peter-Spier/dp/038524469X/ref=si3_rdr_bb_product

2 comments:

Jaxson Hunter said...

I still display my orignal Deford in my bedroom. It is of me, it captures my best side.

Pencil Writer said...

Matt, I guess I should explain that "Pencil Writer" is Vicki in Many. I like your work. Thanks for sharing. I'm still looking forward to you writing your book about rafting down the Cane River.